Easy Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website dedicated to Youth Airsoft Players in the Edmonton Area

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Semi auto sniper question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mrtankm

Semi auto sniper question Empty
PostSubject: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

The rules say that a semi auto sniper can have 450 fps. Sconce the snow wolf Barrett is technically full auto if you put a physical block on the selector switch will it qualify as a semi automatic sniper rifle?
Back to top Go down
Darklen

Darklen

PostSubject: Re: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 pm

The easiest way is to modify the selector plate itself so it is permenently semi only.
Back to top Go down
mrtankm

PostSubject: Re: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:28 pm

so like a physical block on the selector switch
Back to top Go down
Darklen

Darklen

PostSubject: Re: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Nope. You physically remove the part of the selector plate that pushed the cut off lever out of the trigger switch. If the cut off lever is always active, you always have semi only.
Back to top Go down
mrtankm

PostSubject: Re: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 pm

lets say that I still wanted a full auto option but could restrict it for certain games could I put in a "burst advocado" that I saw on evike.com or something similar that I can set a burst control option that removes full auto and program it to fire a 1 shot burst?
Back to top Go down
Darklen

Darklen

PostSubject: Re: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm sure some teams/clubs will allow that, many other won't.The problem we've had in the past with allowing progamable semit guns is they are just as easy to program for full auto once on the field. Addtionally, many teams, such as Red Deer, have their limits to include semi and full auto guns, so it wouldn't matter to those teams if it was semi locked or not. You'd still be in the same FPS range as full auto as you can still fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.

And besides, if you have that gun shooting that hot, the mechbox will explosivley disassemble itself in short order. V2 mechboxes usually don't last too long shooting above 400 fps unless they are very well built from very high quality parts. Example, I had a customer come to me with a new Socom Gear M82 and wanted me to build it as a DMR as semi sniper guns (+420 fps) aren't allowed. I removed the entire internals and build it all new. The $1600 rifle now has another $800 in parts & labor into it and the labor wasn't that much. I think the mechbox, hopup assembly an dtightbore were about & 650ish.
Back to top Go down
mrtankm

PostSubject: Re: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:12 pm

I probrobally wont have an aeg shooting that fast but i was just wondering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi auto sniper question   Semi auto sniper question Empty

Back to top Go down

Semi auto sniper question
Page 1 of 1